Laird Careers Careers
Credit & Collections Specialist (TEMP)
Based in Chesterfield, MO and under general supervision, the Credit / Collection Specialist is responsible for either some or all of the following: business to business collections in a manufacturing environment, discrepancy and dispute resolution, and/or general accounting transactions in accordance with standard accounting principles and Laird controls policies and procedures. In addition, the role is responsible for basic analysis, reconciliation and resolution of customer quote to cash transactions. This role will also provide internal regional support for the above subject matter and participate in relevant projects.Responsibilities
- Reduce customer AR delinquency and minimizing bad debt risk through consistent follow up correspondence with B2B customers and documenting correspondence in Cforia Software in a fast paces global manufacturing environment. Recognize and report standard AR risk "red flags" to immediate supervisor
- Establish and maintain positive and supportive relationships with internal and external customers, ensuring work product meets or exceeds set service level agreements.
- Provide support to the Laird FSSC Cash application team by working closely with customers to obtain and share accurate timely customer remittance information.
- Accurate and timely customer invoice distribution through customer portals and various electronic processes.
- Provide sound judgment and decision making to daily order release decisions within guidelines for this position based on our Controls Policy and Procedure manual
- Recognize, research, reconcile, identify and work with various departments and external customers to resolve quote to cash transactional problems within an environment with technically complex OTC processes including but not limited to ERS, EDI, VMI/CMI/Consignment and customer portals.
- With limited supervision, candidate must be able to establish appropriate priorities, work on multiple tasks/projects concurrently and meet inflexible deadlines
- Above average Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, with acute attention to accuracy and ability to self-monitor quality of work. Seeks means to improve and promote quality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communications, both verbal and written
- ERP business system experience desired; preferably in manufacturing or distribution environment
- Ability to collaborate, strong emphasis on teamwork, customer centric, and a high level of professionalism and respect for internal and external partners.
Education & Experience Requested
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred
- Minimum 2-4 years of Accounts Receivable, collections or customer service experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.