Laird Careers Careers
Field Applications Engineer III (Medical)
With minimal supervision, persons employed in this position are responsible for, but not limited to, positioning the overall system architecture, development and manufacturing related functions required by key SBU account customers, working synergistically with sales and engineering to achieve all customer design targets and goals.Responsibilities
- Regularly attend customer design review meetings and provide technical design support for solutions.
- Utilize all product, solution, and service offerings to provide insightful and detailed design solutions.
- Present design solutions to customer team, utilizing system architecture best practices and the SOW during presentation.
- Originate, develop and release final SOW documentation, leveraging Engineering to scope the amount of work to customize products platforms or solutions
- Manage and coordinate activities between departments to meet product development requirements.
- Simultaneously set priorities/direction for multiple programs in development.
- Responsible for working with OEM engineers, Manufacturer's Representatives,
- Distribution Partners and Territory Sales Managers to implement Laird Technologies provided solutions for existing, qualifying new and next generation and cost reduction programs.
- Keep work skills current to insure Laird Technologies competitiveness in a dynamic global business environment. May require extensive travel to customer sites required providing design specific solutions.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Understanding of regulations as to the design, implementation and go to market of medical equipment.
- Exhibit understanding of the cross-functional relationships between inter-company groups and the expertise required to take a product through development and on to production.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical field.
- Experience/knowledge in medical devices preferred.
- More than 5 years experience in a similar position.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.