Laird Careers Careers
Senior Firmware Engineer
Laird is a global technology company that enables mission-critical mobile connectivity through wireless applications, antenna systems, components and solutions that protect electronics from electromagnetic interference and heat. Connected Vehicle Solution division of Laird develops unique combination of “smart” antennas and in-vehicle capabilities that enable 5G, LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and satellite communications; full telematics features; consumer electronic device integration; over-the-air software updates for vehicles; in-vehicle data streaming; USB hub; wireless in-vehicle charging and other connected car benefits that enhance safety and the driving experience.
For our development site in Bucharest we are looking for a
Senior firmware engineer
responsible for design and development of smart devices, smart antennas and vehicle connectivity solutions for automotive OEM industry.
- Investigate and perform engineering due-diligence on automotive OEM customer RFI/RFQs. Prepare technical proposals for customers.
- Define software architecture & concepts for new wireless charger devices, Smart Antennas and vehicle connectivity solutions.
- Generate software functional specifications and work packages to implement key system functions & features.
- Design, develop & unit test software/firmware for next generation wireless charger devices, smart antennas and vehicle connectivity solutions.
- Coordinate software project activities to ensure smooth release of software products into manufacturing, meeting customer requirements and timelines.
- Provide technical support to internal teams and customers to debug and resolve software issues found during system testing, customer field trials and post production.
- Provide technical support for design validation, regulatory compliance and field testing of our products.
- Maintain technical proficiency in fields affecting the firmware and systems sciences for wireless charger and communication devices for automotive industry.
- Ability to define project scope, deliverable & team requirements in order to execute software projects within committed timeline and budget.
- Demonstrated mastery of a particular technical area within the job responsibility.
- Experience in firmware/software development for embedded systems with expertise in C, C++ programming and scripting languages.
- Experience of working with NXP WCT101x family of processors & 15 Watts wireless charger software library is highly desired.
- Experience in device driver software development for I2C, UART, USB, SPI & CAN Bus.
- Experience in RTOS and Linux OS with expertise in using OS system calls, multi thread execution, resource and memory management, File system, etc.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP protocol, network technologies such as automotive Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth & Cellular- 4G LTE, 5G, etc.
- Experience in using Automotive SPICE V-Model processes & software development tools, such as: GCC compiler tool chain, GitLab, LINT, SonarQube, VectorCast is highly desirable.
- Good analytical and communication skills,
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science or a closely related field. Master’s degree in computer science is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in software and/or firmware development for Micro-controller based embedded systems used in electronics, mobile communications, computer networking and automotive industries.