Laird Careers Careers
Senior Logistics Specialist
This position is responsible for transacting receipts and/or shipments in a regulatory compliant manner while also being the lead MP&L contact for specific Laird customer teams. Accountable for performing site operational activities including transportation, inventory control, packaging, customer prototype shipments and communication, and distribution (site material and FGI site movement). Ensures compliance with safety, security, regulatory, and company policies. Responsible to ensure 3PL compliance to same tasks. Responsible for direct communication for all finish goods logistics responsibilities with OEM customer for Production and Service materials.Responsibilities
- Responsible for MP&L deliverables to customer teams including but not limited to final accumulatives, launch readiness, and performance to freight & duty KPIs
- Accountable for inventory accuracy within Laird office and at 3PL locations
- Performs pick and pack assembly on shipments as needed
- Enters shipment information into Laird’s system as required; Prepares bills of lading as needed
- Prepare documents for Freight Forwarder(s) including Pro Forma Invoice, final invoice, payment instruments, all HAZMAT documents, container loading diagram, and advising customer of shipping information
- Dispatches pick-up and delivery information in a timely and efficient manner; arranges daily pick-up schedules; as needed
- Researches shipment tracking requests and provides feedback; attempts to resolve misplaced shipments.
- Communicates with Sales/Service and other functional areas to resolve customer problems.
- Performs import/export clearance by proper customs declarations for all import/export shipment transactions.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards
- Maintain and knowledgeable of regs and documentation requirements related to transportation and customs
- Familiar with current HAZMAT and Dangerous Goods regulations and keeps up-to-date on all changes
- Work closely with Global Logistics and Trade Compliance to manage all providers to achieve excellence
- Transportation industry expert including significant experience working with carriers and 3PL’s
- Strong customer service skills
- Team cooperation - maintain positive, cooperative attitude with all employees and all customers
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Outlook
- Fluent in English and local primary language (written and oral)
- Familiar with basic procedures of import/export customs clearance
- Proficient in OA and ERP (basic warehouse and transportation modules) software
- 5-7 years experience in customs clearance for international ocean, air, and land transportation
- 5-7 years warehouse operations experience
- 2-3 years supply chain experience
- Technical college or above, with emphasis in import/export business and foreign trade, with declaring certificate/cancel-after-verification certificate preferred
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.