Laird Careers Careers
Project Engineer (Engineering)
Based in Warren, OH this position will assist in the management of cross-functional teams in the management of assigned projects from start to completion.Responsibilities
- Participate in the definition and planning of project milestones.
- Prepare & verify initial cost calculation (ICC) before submission to product manager. Monitor costs associated with assigned project.
- Manage project milestone activities as directed.
- Ensure assigned project team stays on track.
- Coordinate activities between departments to meet product development or project requirements and to ensure project milestones are completed as defined (i.e., Make arrangements for sample build for performance verification and also for shipment to customer; Liaise with suppliers, tool makers, sales managers and customers for matters relating to assigned projects; Seek technical support & discussions with resources possessing necessary expertise).
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement efforts utilizing Quality Tools.
- Participate in the Corrective Action process (8D), the MRB (Material Review Board) process, the First Article process, Part Certification process, and the Business System Auditing process.
- Develop, revise, and maintain Quality documentation as necessary.
- Generate/facilitate documentation per procedures and Laird requirements Regularly update project status and share with stakeholders.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Any other works or responsibilities as assigned from time to time by superior.
- Knowledge and experience with ISO9001: 2008 or 2015.
- Able to work successfully in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment and effectively multi-task multiple priorities in a team-oriented environment.
- Exhibit basic understanding of the cross-functional relationships between inter-company groups and the ability to learn required knowledge to take a product through development and on to production.
- Ability to work cooperatively to achieve shared objectives.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements and schedules.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical field highly preferred. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Willingness to attain PMI Certification.
- Experience and knowledge in manufacturing processes and product development preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in an engineering role.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.