Laird Careers Careers
For our Research and Development office, located in Bucharest, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer responsible for system design and development of software and firmware for vehicle connectivity solutions, and computing platform for automotive OEM market.Responsibilities
- Investigate and perform engineering due-diligence on OEM customer RFI/RFQs.
- Define system architecture & concepts for new vehicle connectivity platforms such as: 4G/5G TCUs, DSRC/Cellular V2X, automotive applications.
- Generate detail software specifications and work packages for system features.
- Design and develop software/firmware for next generation vehicle connectivity platforms.
- Provide technical support to internal teams and customers to debug and resolve software issues found during system testing, customer field trials and post production.
- Provide technical support for design validation, regulatory compliance and field testing of our products.
- Maintain leading-edge technical proficiency and stay abreast of new trends and scientific developments in fields affecting the firmware and systems sciences for communication and automotive industries.
- Define software project scope, deliverables and team requirements. Execute software development projects with minimal supervision to deliver results against milestones and deliverables.
- Demonstrated mastery of a particular technical area within the job responsibility.
- Experience in firmware/software development for embedded systems with expertise in C, C++ programming and scripting languages. Experience in working with NXP i.MX family of processors & BSP is highly desired.
- Experience in device driver software development for I2C, UART, USB, SPI & CAN Bus.
- Experience in RTOS, Linux OS, AGL with expertise in using advance OS functions such as system calls, multi thread execution, resource and memory management, File system, etc.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP protocol, network technologies such as automotive Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth & Cellular- 4G LTE, 5G etc.
- Good experience of using processes & tools for software development
- Highly desired if candidate has strong automotive system experience, especially software development for communication devices, Infotainment systems, TCUs and Security Gateways with software update (SOTA) capability.
- Good analytical and communication skills in English.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science or a closely related field. Master degree in computer science preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in software and/or firmware development for MCU based embedded systems used in electronics, mobile communications, networking, automotive and health care industries.