Laird Careers Careers
For Our Bucharest site we are looking for as senior software engineer responsible for design and development of firmware for phone wireless charger devices and vehicle connectivity solutions for automotive OEM industry.Responsibilities
- Define software/firmware architecture & concepts for new wireless charger devices, vehicle connectivity platforms and telematics applications.
- Generate detail software specifications and work packages for system features, traceable to system requirements.
- Develop software/firmware for next generation wireless charger devices, vehicle connectivity and telematics Coordinate software project activities to ensure smooth release of software products into manufacturing, meeting customer requirements and timelines.
- Provide technical support to internal teams and customers to debug and resolve software issues found during system testing, customer field trials and post production.
- Provide technical support for design validation, regulatory compliance and field testing of our products.
- Maintain technical proficiency to stay abreast of new trends and scientific developments in fields affecting the firmware and systems sciences for wireless charger and communication devices for automotive industry.
- Experience in defining software/firmware requirements, development scope and deliverables from system specifications and system architecture.
- Execute software development projects with minimal supervision to deliver results against milestones and deliverables.
- Demonstrated mastery of a particular technical area within the job responsibility.
- Experience in firmware/software development for embedded systems with expertise in C, C++ programming and scripting languages.
- Experience in device driver software development for I2C, UART, USB, SPI, Ethernet or CAN Bus.
- Experience in RTOS and Linux OS with working knowledge of OS system calls, multi thread execution, resource and memory management, File system, etc.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP protocol, Automotive Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GNSS & Cellular- 4G LTE, sensor technology and interfaces .
- Experience in working with NXP WCT101X family of processors & 15 Watts wireless charger software library is highly desirable.
- Experience in using processes & software development tools.
- Good analytical and written communication skills in English.
- achelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science or a closely related field. Master’s degree in computer science is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in software and/or firmware development for Micro-controller based embedded systems used in electronics, mobile communications, computer networking and automotive industries.