Laird Careers Careers
Maintenance Technician III
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, performing preventative maintenance on production equipment to ensure total customer satisfaction.Responsibilities
- Access and program and/or modify PLC logic to make repairs.
- Perform evaluations and/or analyze unique problems that are new to equipment.
- Perform predictive maintenance by analyzing routine failures and determining adjustments and repairs that need to be made.
- Perform training as needed to Lower level Maintenance Techs on troubleshooting and repair techniques utilized with equipment
- Perform specified preventative maintenance on production equipment to prevent equipment downtime.
- Monitor equipment operations to ensure proper usage.
- Construct and/or assemble new equipment
- Perform various building maintenance activities-inside and outside the plant
- Troubleshoot equipment failures and repair as needed
- Perform specified preventative maintenance on production equipment to prevent equipment down-time
- Perform Lock Out / Tag Out requirements.
- Work from blueprints, manuals, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Help repairing on hydraulic, pneumatic and electromechanical systems.
- Help to install, repair, rebuild production and building equipment
- Help in connecting pipes to plumbing fixtures.
- Build crates, cabinets, stands, tables, partitions and racks.
- Assist and instruct less experienced personnel with skilled trade functions as needed.
- Advise or recommend new or changed methods and equipment to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary to meet business conditions or changes.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently
- Must have good or corrected eyesight to insure quality of work
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds frequently
- Ability to crouch, crawl, climb ladders, and work at various heights
- Good basic math skills
- Good mechanical aptitude, and troubleshooting ability
- Must have a valid drivers license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate’s degree in a Technical school or 4 years experience
- 5+ years experience in injection molding maintenance, or mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical repair
- Degree in PLC Logic and or a related electronics field is a plus
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.