Laird Careers Careers
Quality system Engineer
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, development, maintenance, coordination and implementation of the Quality Business System in assigned facilities.Responsibilities
- Drive the implementation of management systems at the site level.
- Lead the creation, maintenance, and distribution of documentation according to the requirements of the Quality Manual, Quality Management Systems, ISO 9001/TS16949/ ISO 14001 and other related standards.
- Facilitate the implementation, review, and training of Quality System documentation and the related processes.
- Maintain and control Quality Business System records, applicable regulatory documents, and documents of external origin.
- Process and monitor corrective actions, Internal Audits (customer and internal) for resolution and effectiveness.
- Plan, manage and conduct internal audits and serve as a Lead or Internal Quality Systems Auditor.
- Train Internal Auditors
- Provide ongoing support for the effective implementation and improvement of the Quality Business System.
- Optimize and maintain Quality Business System documentation of preventive action activities.
- Assist in preparation for management reviews, internal audits, and 3rd party audits.
- Ensures business systems are using best practice approaches and are adding value to the site (not just creating paperwork…)
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Must be proficient in ISO9001/TS16949/ ISO14001, and/or other standards applicable to the site.
- Must possess refined research, investigative and analytical skills in order to identify and problem solve quality issues in a quick and efficient manner.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral in English
- Strong audit skills. Certified ISO9001 leader auditor certificate is preferred
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient knowledge of computers.
- May be required to travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- 5+ years quality engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of quality concept and tools such as APQP, SPC, FMEA, etc.
- Five years experience with quality/business management systems including creating and maintaining documentation according to the ISO 9001/TS16949 standards.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability