Laird Careers Careers
Accountable for performing site operational activities including transportation, warehousing, packaging and distribution. This position is responsible for processing goods in and goods out shipments. Receives, stores, and distributes shipments, material, and supplies within the facility by performing the below duties. Ensures compliance with safety, security, regulatory, and company policies.Responsibilities
- Performs pick and pack assembly on shipments as needed.
- Takes weight and measurement of each shipment received and prepares on-hand notice.
- Enters shipment information i
nto LT’s system as required; Prepares bills of lading as needed.
- Prepares shipping documents for daily UK shipments and EU / International shipments as required and advises customer of shipping information as required.
- Coordinates all international orders with Production, Purchasing, and Credit departments at all facilities.
- Dispatches pick-up and delivery information in a timely and efficient manner; arranges daily pick-up schedules.
- Researches shipment tracking requests and provides feedback; attempts to resolve misplaced shipments. -Communicates with Sales/Service and other functional areas to resolve customer problems.
- Inspect shipments for damage, overage or shortage.
- Transports shipments within warehouse and in and out of trucks operates warehouse equipment as needed.
- Assists with operational procedures including sorting, loading/unloading activities, shipment processing and documentation, manifesting, bagging, and sending shipment status information.
- Transports shipments and materials to and from receiving area, staging area, or other area as designated. Sorts and places shipments and or materials on racks, shelves, or in bins according to destination.
- Performs basic warehouse and inventory management activities.
- Performs import/export clearance by proper customs declarations for all import/export shipment transactions.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Maintains a basic knowledge of regulations and documentation requirements related to transportation and customs.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Team cooperation - maintains positive, cooperative attitude with all employees and all customers.
- Must be well organized and have an eye for detail.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Outlook.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
- Familiar with basic procedures of import/export customs clearance.
- Proficient in OA and ERP (basic warehouse and transportation modules) software.
2-5 years warehouse operations experience. GCSE or equivalent required.